DE CALALOO
Bernice wanted to give Ricardo the hook
His mother asked, "Bernice, can you cook?"
Bernice replied "I can cook all kind a ting
So, in that Department I am not lacking"

On Sunday Bernice invited them for a meal
They did not know that his fate she would seal
As soon as he tasted de calaloo
He shouted out, "Bernice, I want to marry you"

What the ingredients were she would not say
But Ricardo went completely too-tool-bay
He promised he would never roam
And he would always stay home

Next Friday Ricardo took Bernice to the Registry
He was in a hurry, he was anxious to marry
Bernice said "I will cook plenty nice ting for you"
"Especially de calaloo"

Ricardo replied "Bernice Darling, I love you"
"And ah like de calaloo"
"De calaloo nice, de calaloo sweet"
"And ah really can't wait to eat"

(c) Ann Althea Nedd

No comments:

Post a Comment