Cellphone Conversations

Cellphone Conversations

Cring, Cring, Cring
Cellphones ringing everywhere
East, West, North and South
I decided to check some out
to know what they are about
Why is everybody in cellular conversation?
What is the reason for this constant wave of communication?

Cring, Cring, Cring
Cellphone ringing by De Square
Ah cock meh ear
"Yes, my dear
Have no fear
Having fun in the sun
Have to return to work at one
Couldn't do what I promised to
No time girl, true true true
Call me tonight at nine
That should be a good time."

Cring, Cring, Cring
Cellphone ringing in the bank
"Yes, this is Frank
Yesterday, I was so drunk
I could not think nor thank
I was high as a kite
Don't know what time I got
home last night
Couldn't do that job for your
Tomorrow I'll do it true true
Wasn't able to talk to Mr. Harris about that matter
Call me later to give me a reminder."

Cring, Cring, Cring
Cellphone ringing by the market
"Yes, this is Mr. Hackett
Well, I have to give Jack his jacket
Your husband right this time
You want me to get in husband and wife story
Well, honey I very sorry
Girl, I trying to buy a drink
Call me later, call me nuh."

Cring, Cring, Cring
Cellphone ringing everywhere I turn
Up and down and around town
Well, after the above conversations
I had a good idea of the position
We are so busy staying connected
That we have no time to do
what needs to be done.

(c) Ann Althea Nedd

No comments:

Post a Comment